miércoles, noviembre 15, 2006

Puppies & Rainbows

I have this conversation often:

"Hey Lauren, how did you like the club/bar/party/whatever last night?"

"It was ok."

"Yeah, you should have been there three months ago when all of these awesome other volunteers were here. That was the best time ever ever of my life. God, I wish it was like that now."

"You mean, everything was puppies and rainbows?"
I think you get the point. When my undeniable insecurity/jealousy rears its ugly head, at least I have a joke for it.

The other day a friend of mine (the one reponsible for the above conversation) used "Puppies and rainbows", snarkily, while talking about the current state of our organization. Its not puppies and rainbows here. Its the opposite, whatever that is. Luckily, we're all happy in this constant state of flux, because it means lots of work, and the opportunity to see things change fairly quickly. It also means instability, and frustration and tears. I don't begrudge any of my compañeros their reminiscence of the simpler times, when the organization was more about fun than about structure. But I do realize that what we're all working for now is that state: puppies and rainbows. I think we'll get there soon. In the meantime, there's this:

No hay comentarios.: