jueves, octubre 11, 2007

The best laid plans

I always have these really lofty goals for when I fly. I assume that I will have my laptop open for eleven hours and will tirelessly tip-tap-type away, studying for the GRE, maybe writing a whole grant and a first draft of my grad school applications. I've never really done this. In fact, with all of the flying I've done in the past few months, I've gotten very little done int transit. I'm a big fan a the "board plane, pass out if possible" method of flying.

And yet, I'm a compulsive email checker. Both of my jobs are largely email dependent, and I have supervisors who email me and expect an response immediately. This is largely their problem, and unless they one day decide to provide me with a Blackberry or some other leash, I can't promise that kind of turnaround. But I try.

So I'm appalled to report that unlike I previously assumed, there are no airports that have free Wi-fi for passengers. Pretty much all of they are affiliated with some sort of pay service, which generally charges a minimum of $7 just to check your email. Which meant no blogging, and no working. Even if I'd wanted to. So maybe we'll scratch that whole first paragraph and say "I really wanted to be blogging for the past three days, nonstop. Damn expensive Internet."

No hay comentarios.: