sábado, diciembre 01, 2007

Trolling

I've been trolling around the blogging universe alot lately, due to my unemployment and general disenchantment with life at home. I've seen some really hilarious Internet fights, with lots of housewives getting all uppity and lots of idiots being idiots.

I realize something: I'm really sick of blogs about blogging. Or freelance writing. Spitting out the same nonsense about how to make it into the business, and make money, etc. Sure, I found some jobs through a website that lists jobs, but it seems that every member of that community has their own blog about....blogging. If everyone is just blogging about blogging, then what's the point. There is so much more in the world to be talking about!

Like the fact that I'm becoming more and more obnoxious with each passing day. I interviewed at a little npo on the Upper West Side, and they decided to consider me for a job with more responsibility (and a higher paycheck) that I originally applied for. Hooray for me, right? Well, no because I didn't get it. Because I wasn't really all that qualified. So then, why put me through three interviews? Right now, I don't really have any idea why they did it. But I hate them.

Working in the non-profit field is not unlike for-profit, in that people are still really competitive. At all the interviews I've been on since Chile, I always get the feeling that we're talking more about whose organization does the best work, or has the greatest mission, or reaches the most children/women/endangered species. It's kind of exhausting having to talk about how great we all are as people, especially in the "give me a job, please" context.

Ideally, this will all be over on Monday, when I expect to hear from and org that I really like, and that I think would be a great fit for me. Until then, I leave you with a great list from Cracked.com. Enjoy!

No hay comentarios.: