jueves, julio 24, 2008

The time has come

I suppose the time has come for me to address a certain situation, that one of our readers already mentioned in the comments. I was trying to ignore it, but I can no longer hide from reality.

Jeremy Shockey is no longer a Giant.

I am deeply saddened by this loss. I am playing with the idea of watching Saints games, the way that one might watch Brett Farve (i mean in the past few years...I can't even get into his current drama) because he's awesome while having no real connection to the Green Bay Packers.

As much as I love you Jeremy, you are no Brett. Granted you both have your fair share of media coverage at this point, and I'd marry either of you if given half a chance. But other than that I can draw no more similarities.

Your potential to achieve Brett status (in my eyes)exists, and perhaps the change of scenery will do you some good. Maybe you won't be as mean to Drew Brees as you were to our Eli.  Maybe you'll be less "combustible" on and off the field. I always admired your willingness to beat yourself up if you made a mistake. Perhaps I didn't realize that you were potentially beating up other players when they did the same.

So long Jeremy! Perhaps we'll meet again in fantasy football land.

2 comentarios:

Kathryn dijo...

So, a.)Just to warn you, I've become a little bit of a Lauren Andrews stalker, I hope you don't mind, my boss hasn't been in this week, so, I haven't done much actual work
-and-
b.) Since Brett Farve is officially become a Jet at least it will be easier to watch him

Chilelle dijo...

Haha...stalk away! I certainly can't get thoughts of Brett out of my mind now!