miércoles, agosto 15, 2007

Best Week Ever!

While at YAI, I became something of a Dlisted girl. Michael K is nothing short of hilarious, and I enjoy my celebrity gossip mixed with a little bit more snark than some other bloggers go for. I had forgotten, in the land where I only watch La Ley y El Order:UVE on television, all about VH1 and their obsession with forced nostalgia. However, the blog for Best Week Ever, is awesome, especially their obsession with John Mayer - not the oh-my-god-he's-hot-he-dated-Jessica-Simpson-his-music-will-save-us-all John Mayer, but the one who is actually really funny, and who had a one episode television show a couple of years ago that fell off the face of the earth, and which my friend Victoria told me existed and I didn't believe her. Ok, Victoria. You win. I know he had a tv show.

He also hung out with Dave Chappelle for a little comic gold:

It's only Wednesday, yet this week feels long already..in an inexplicably good way. As Liz and I were riding home in our colectivo yesterday after a staff meeting, we just kept turning and saying to each other "that was a really good meeting." I'll be honest: I never say that about our meetings. They take place at 7:30pm every other Tuesday, sometimes lasting until 10pm (as this one did). While they are a chance for people to see each other (there are some volunteers who work and live in places where I never see them, so unless we're in the same social circle face time is limited. There is generally so much to say about everything - announcements, assignments for futbol league, a talk about receipts - that meetings can drag. And if a meeting drags, the volunteers are sad. Because it's a Tuesday.

But right now, there is some kind of onda (mood...that's a loose translation) within the org, and it was definitely present last night. We had a group discussion about conflict management, and people were raising hands and falling out of their seats to participate, in English or Spanish. The group is small right now, but dedicated. There are problems, but we're talking about them.

The reason for this ambiance of happy: la cara fea. See for yourself.

No hay comentarios.: