lunes, agosto 06, 2007

Chauito no mas, po

In Chile, unexpectedly, no one says 'adios'. In fact, the only time I've ever heard someone say adios to me in this country was the pilot of my plane going to Argentina. I then felt like maybe in Argentina they said 'adios". Nope. They say 'chau' as well.

'Chau no mas' is what you say to someone when you want to end a conversation, or you're being a dick. Like, you wouldn't say "Chau, no mas" to your mom, because it means everything from "ok, bye" to "go fuck yourself". "Chauito no mas, po" is possibly one of the most chileno things you could ever say...but if you say it to a stranger, you might have to have a large bouncer at a salsa club come to your defense.

It is the latter that I have decided to say to my Wilco blog. While it was fun to write about something other than 1) myself 2) my organization, it is way too much work to keep up with for way too little money. However, maybe I'll continue to post music-related news on this blog, just to put some pressure on to update more regularly. Hmmm...so many possibilities.

For example, check out this blog to hear a whole bunch of pre YHF recordings featuring Jeff Tweedy and the publicly-ousted Jay Bennet. If you saw "I am trying to break your heart" (and seriously, why haven't you seen it?) you might be on the fence about who was the bigger dick in the moments before the band moved forward sans-Jay. Use these recordings to remind yourself that they're both incredibly talented, and that it's hard for boys to get along all the time.

No hay comentarios.: